Unable to take being separated from her lover, she jumped or was perhaps pushed to her death from the bedroom window. This one, thought to be the ghost of Marion Ogilvie, the mistress of Cardinal Beaton. Marion was murdered in St Andrews on May 29 , and witnesses are said to have seen her ghost on that date in subsequent years. There is a witness report from from a couple in the area of Caird Park who walked past a Victorian gentleman and woman pushing a pram. They said that they saw the clothes clearly, could hear the wheels of the pram in the gravel and that they were so close they could have touched them but when they turned around they had gone.
A phantom dog has been spotted in the area, patrolling the road.
It is said to spook normal pet dogs and make horses nervous. A former home for children, and a care facility for children and adults the site was opened as the Baldovan Institute in It became Strathmartine Hospital in There have been lots of reports of ghostly apparitions and noises from within the grounds of the former hospital.
Dundee: 5 Haunted Places to Visit
The building now lies in ruin following a devastating fire in April so the spirits in the building may lie undisturbed for a while longer. The Bell Street car park is said to have been built on top of an old cemetery, giving rise to the possibility of paranormal activity. Haunted Dundee by Geoff Holder.
- Lagence Pinkerton (Tome 2) - Le rituel de logre rouge (French Edition).
- The History Press | Haunted Dundee.
- La piscine: Une histoire extraite du Petit Nicolas samuse (French Edition).
- Come si interpretano gli indici internazionali. Guida per ricercatori, giornalisti e politici (La cassetta degli attrezzi) (Italian Edition).
- The White Lady of Balgay Bridge – Student Blog.
- Corpus Christmas (A Sigrid Harald Mystery Book 6)?
- De iure magistratum von Theodor Beza. Motive, Merkmale und demokratischer Gehalt der politischen Theorie der Calvinistischen Monarchomachen (German Edition).
Summary This chilling collection of true-life tales is teeming with terrifying hauntings from in and around Dundee. Read on the Scribd mobile app Download the free Scribd mobile app to read anytime, anywhere.
- Shopping Cart.
- Article Metrics;
- An Academic Journey.
Start your free 30 days. Page 1 of 1. Close Dialog Are you sure?
By the castle was in ruins when the estate was bought by Sir James Caird and gifted to the then Dundee Corporation, the estate becoming Caird Park. The castle was restored in the s by Dundee District Council and is now owned by Dundee City Council but leased as a venue for weddings.
Previous Mains guests have reported often hearing footsteps following them around the castle, and ghosts of children have allegedly been seen playing in the grounds. The Mains Castle ghost hunt and sleepover goes in search of the afterlife in the Mains graveyard and castle itself. The foot wide illuminated scoreboard, which was.
- Focus on Suzuki Piano (About Suzuki Series (Piano Reference)).
- Forbidden World.
- Read More From Geoff Holder.
- Jihad! (Italian Edition)?
- Scotland's most haunted streets exposed - would you be brave enough to visit? - Daily Record.
- Contemporary British Identity: English Language, Migrants and Public Discourse (Studies in Migration and Diaspora);
- Claire Merten!
The skies across Dundee were lit up last night with dazzling displays from the fireworks at bonfire events at two city parks. Dundee City Council organised Guy Fawkes night celebrations. And guess what?!