Their relationship, on and off the ice, is at the core of the book.
Thankfully, Willes goes further than just covering team Canada. Their main opponents the Russians were a team undergoing a similar experience their country was. Willes relates how Tikhanov invited Larionov to join his Red Army team:.
1987 Canada Cup
In general, Igor, think it over we are talking, you know, about your future. So why read Gretzky to Lemieux , especially if you already know what happened? After all, even the most casual hockey fans know Canada won the best of three series hell, the cover image of the book is Lemieux scoring the series-winning goal.
- 25th anniversary of Gretzky-to-Lemieux Canada Cup.
- Top Stories;
- Gretzky to Lemieux: The Story of the 1987 Canada Cup (2007).
The same problems that dog hockey now too many teams, not enough talent; the cost of players; waning media interest south of the border are nothing new and all resonate in the book. His coverage of what happened behind closed doors and away from the rink pushes his book from a by-the-numbers account into a history of hockey.
- Canada Cup | Ice Hockey Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia.
- Gretzky to Lemieux: The Story of the Canada Cup | Canada cup, Hockey, Author;
- Neural Correlates of Auditory Cognition: 45 (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research).
- Enamored (Lucien Caye Private Eye Novel Book 2).
Eagleson, the egotistical, mastermind behind Hockey Canada whose own ego and greed would be his downfall. Mike Keenan, known for being distant and tough on players, but whose coaching smarts kept a short-benched Canadian team in close games.